IPL (Intense Pulsed Light), otherwise known as a photofacial, is ideal for anyone who is looking for a safe and effective way to rejuvenate their skin without the need for invasive procedures or harsh chemicals. IPL is suitable for most skin types, has minimal downtime, and can be customized to address specific concerns, making it a versatile treatment option for a wide range of individuals.
Reduce Sun Damage
Tightening + Brightening
Even Skin Tone
What We Love About IPL Photofacial
IPL is a non-invasive and highly effective treatment that can address a variety of skin concerns. It works by emitting a broad spectrum of light that penetrates the skin's surface and targets specific chromophores within the skin. These chromophores, such as melanin or hemoglobin, absorb the light energy, causing them to break down and be absorbed by the body.
It's great for treating:
- Stretch marks
- Liver or age spots
- Broken blood vessels
- Brown spots, also called liver or age spots
- Dark spots from hormonal changes
- Discolored skin
- Fine wrinkles
- Redness from rosacea
- Spider veins
- Unwanted hair
Everything You Need To Know
Does it hurt, and are there any side effects?
Most patients report minimal discomfort during the procedure, with some describing it as a mild snapping sensation or slight heat. However, the intensity of the sensation can vary depending on the individual's pain tolerance and the area being treated.
After the procedure, patients may experience some mild redness or swelling in the treated area, similar to a mild sunburn. This usually subsides within a few hours to a few days. In some cases, patients may also experience some temporary darkening or lightening of the skin in the treated area, although this typically resolves on its own within a few weeks.
How long does it take to see results, and how long do they last?
However, many patients report seeing noticeable improvements in their skin's appearance within a few days to a week after their first treatment.
For optimal results, most patients require a series of IPL treatments spaced several weeks apart. The exact number of treatments needed will depend on the individual's unique needs and goals, but most patients achieve significant improvements in their skin after 3-5 sessions.
The results of IPL treatment can last anywhere from several months to a few years, depending on factors such as the individual's skin type, lifestyle habits, and the severity of their concerns. To maintain the best possible results, it's important to follow a proper skincare routine and protect your skin from sun exposure, which can exacerbate signs of aging and damage.
We are looking forward to your IPL treatment!
Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment to fill out necessary paperwork and your consent.
To best prepare:
- Avoid any type of tanning 3-4 weeks prior treatment or use at least 30 SPF sunblock. If you have an active sunburn, please reach out to our office to reschedule your appointment.
- Avoid irritant topical agents for 2-3 days before treatment. We recommend stopping retinol use at least 2 days before treatment.
- Please arrive to your appointment makeup free. If you are unable to remove your makeup prior to your appointment, please arrive 10 minutes early so we can provide you with facial cleanser.
You can learn more about IPL and what to expect at your appointment here!
If you have any further questions before your appointment-please reach out to us at 615-749-6367.
- Sun block should be used for 3 weeks following each treatment session.
- Moisturizer may be applied after each treatment.
- Make-up may be applied immediately after the treatment if skin is intact.
- Call or email Sunday Skin with any questions or concerns you may have.